Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Feb 26 - RY X

I'm heading back to Asia tomorrow! First time this year. Can't believe I haven't been in Asia in nearly 3 months. It's crazy. I'm not going to China, but to Malaysia for a conference. So only for like 3 days. But I'm happy I'll be back in Asia and eat delicious food. And hopefully use up all the Ringgit I collected during my (practically) monthly trips there over the last couple years. Actually, it seems I'm not traveling so much anymore anyway. Kind of weird. I don't know if I'll be able to keep my status up if this keeps up. We'll have to see.

Anyway before going, I'll share some quick music. This time another contender for best albums of the year. This one is Unfurl, the new album from RY X. If you remember, I've written about him in the past, in many iterations, and said that I would listen to anything this man does. This man being Australian singer Ry Cumming, and RY X being his solo project. But he had a couple of groups he joined in and did vocals for over the last few years after he put out his debut. And all of them were great. (Howling and The Acid, if you're wondering). Anyway, he put out his new album a couple weeks ago and I love it. A lot. My favorite song is actually Foreign Tides, one of the singles he put out in the lead up to the album. Maybe my favorite song of the year before. I have been listening to it a lot. On repeat. Very loudly. I love the power behind the chorus. Plus everything about it, really.





I already shared Untold last year, which was the first single in the lead up to this album. So now to pick another good one... I'll go with Coven. Because I like how it builds up, and I really want to hear it live, and it was one of the stand-out tracks that was not released as a single before the album came out. There are others, cause the whole album stands out, but I think this was the first stand out one. Now I just need to see him live. He's touring, and he's from Australia, but no Australia dates scheduled yet. But I'm sure it's coming. That's nice to be able to say. That I know someone I want to see will be coming to the place I live. Pretty great!


No comments:

Post a Comment