Sunday, October 30, 2011

Halloween Inspiration

For the last 2 years I've had this great idea for a Halloween costume. This is big, because I'm terrible at thinking up costumes. But 2 years ago I was inspired. Sadly, I haven't been able to celebrate Halloween for the last 2 years. The first year because I'd just moved to some tiny town in the middle of nowhere in China and didn't know anybody, so I sat around eating candy and watching scary movies. The next year, I was living back in Beijing, but I had to go back to my tiny town in the middle of nowhere for my company's 30th anniversary. This was actually pretty exciting because it turned out to be a huge extravaganza concert full of celebrities like the ones you see on CCTV all the time. Here's an example:



I even got to go on stage at one point and pretend to be Brazilian and receive an award since our customer from Brazil couldn't make it. So I guess I did technically dress up that year and go to a party. But I don't count it.

So this year, I'm back in the US for Halloween and finally able to celebrate. As I mentioned I got my inspiration 2 years ago and was so excited about it I decided to tell friends. The first year, a couple of my friends in Japan stole the idea. Then last year, my roommate stole the idea. Finally this year I can do it. You can thank Friendly Fires and their Skeleton Boy video for the inspiration. Watch the 2nd verse for the costume.



This is actually a great band with some awesome songs. Their 2nd album, Pala, came out this year, and while I think it's better overall than their eponymous first album, there are more stand-out tracks (like this one) on the first album. Also recommended are Paris and Jump in the Pool from the first album and Blue Cassette from their second.

No comments:

Post a Comment