Thursday, October 27, 2011

Swedish Girl Power

I'm not sure how I managed to go 10 days without posting something. I haven't been doing anything. I'm unemployed. In fact, during that time, I've been listening to a shitload of new music. Unacceptable.

On a more acceptable note, I'm in America! Yay! Which means youtube isn't blocked and videos load quickly. So I have no excuse not to give you good music. We'll start with this gem:



I do love me some Swedish music, and lately, I love me these ladies. The all-girl band Those Dancing Days released their second album earlier this year, and Keep Me In Your Pocket is probably my favorite track off of it. Though I do also highly recommend Help Me Close My Eyes and I Know Where You Live Part 2. Not sure if mentioned this earlier, but I rate every track I listen to on my iPod. Those are the 3 5-star tracks on the album, but everything else gets 4 stars, so really, you should listen to the whole album. FYI, it's called Daydreams & Nightmares.

Other Swedes I like include: Jose Gonzalez, Robyn, Little Dragon, Fever Ray, The Knife, Maia Hirasawa, Lykke Li, The Tallest Man on Earth, and my friend Carl. That last one's not a band, it's just a friend of mine named Carl who's Swedish, but I like him.

No comments:

Post a Comment