Monday, October 10, 2011

I really hope you already knew about this

Just a disclaimer, I'm a bit drunk while I write this. But I guess that's what happens when you go over to a Chinese family's house for dinner and they pull out the baijiu before you even start eating. If you don't know what baijiu is, don't ask. Consider yourself lucky. And hope you never find out. Unless you come visit me. Then you should just trust me.

OK! Time for music. That's what we're all here for anyway, right?

I listened to the new Red Hot Chili Peppers album this week. It's called I'm With You. I am a fan of theirs, and I highly doubt that I'm the first person you're hearing about them from. And if I am, what is wrong with you? The album is actually really good. I really enjoyed it. One song in particular sticks out to me, and that's Brendan's Death Song. When I first heard this song, I got through the first couple bars and decided to listen to something else. But then once I sat down and made my way through the whole song, I was sad I hadn't listened to it earlier. Not only is it a beautiful song, but it kind of encompasses how I feel about death, and was especially poignant since my grandmother just passed away. It's the type of song I'd want played at my funeral, and embodies the way I want to be remembered when I'm gone. It's beautiful. So enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment