Monday, October 3, 2011

Let's see how this works...

The other day I was talking to my friend ベス and she recommended to me that I start a music blog. Now, this is something I've actually considered doing in the past, as I love music and I love sharing music. The problem is, I don't have much to say about the music I love other than that I love it. So I figured I'd probably have nothing to write. Despite this, ベス convinced me otherwise. She also named my blog. Props to ベス.

I'll mainly be using this blog to recommend music I like, not really do any reviews, so you can expect to see phrases like "awesome," "mind-blowing" and "ridiculously good" a lot. I also travel a lot, so I may mix in some fun stories or facts with the music. Or maybe other random thoughts. We’ll see.

So with that, let's do the first recommendation!

Theophilus London - Wine and Chocolates
The goal was to put the video in here from youtube, but it seems to keep freezing and refuses to post when I tried, so instead, you just get this link: http://youtu.be/-U9KIjBuRBM
This song is ridiculously good (I told you it'd be coming). In fact, everything this guy does is ridiculously good (first post and it's already in there twice. Get used to it). He kind of reminds me of TV on the Radio, so if you like them, you'll probably like him. Except he raps.

He's straight out of Brooklyn, which obviously means he must be awesome. At least, that's where I'm told all the cool kids are these days. Everyone I know in Brooklyn is pretty awesome, but I don't think any of them are actually from Brooklyn, so I'm not sure it counts.

Anyway, he just released a new album (Timez Are Weird These Days), which is great. But even better is his EP from earlier this year (Lovers Holiday) which I'm pretty sure is gonna make it onto my Top 10 list for 2011. So don't stop with just this song, go find more.

2 comments:

  1. Good one Minsky! You have won yourself a "follower"... And also a regular thief of your recommendations for my social benefit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Si! Glad you like it. I haven't been able to stop listening to this guy, and this song in particular, since I found him. So enjoy!

    ReplyDelete