Friday, April 14, 2017

Apr 14 - Crooked Colours / Goldlink, Jazmine Sullivan & KAYTRANADA

It has been a very long and very tiring week. I've been meaning to write something all week, but I've just been busy at work, busy outside work, and exhausted when I've had free time. So I was thinking I'd write this weekend, as I'm expecting a very relaxed weekend. I already have a couple artists in mind to write about, also. But then I was at the office listening to Hype Machine, and this good song came on. I was thinking I should blog it, and then decided not to cause I was lazy. But then this other good song came on, and both of them are good Friday songs, so I might as well blog.

The first one was Flow, by Crooked Colours. I like it a lot, but then as I was listening I was thinking that it's maybe too similar to other electronicy songs that I like. But then, I still like it. Apparently it's their first single from their forthcoming debut EP. Reminds me a bit of Bob Moses, actually.





So that got me started, but didn't quite spur me into action. But then there was another song that came on, and I figured if I had two good ones, I might as well write about them. So the next one is Meditation, from rapper Goldlink's forthcoming debut album. He was apparently featured on KAYTRANADA's album last year, but then I was focused on KAYTRANADA. And now he has this song of his own, with music by KAYTRANADA and a hook by Jazmine Sullivan, and it's another great one for the weekend.





No comments:

Post a Comment