Friday, April 21, 2017

Apr 21 - Land of Talk

My friend Jasmine just came to visit. We've known each other since working together at Cheesecake Factory back in college, and she's been saying she's going to come and visit for years. And now she's a flight attendant, so she finally did! She just got in, so pretty much all we've done is have xiaolongbao (which she loved and went back to get again for breakfast. As she should) and get drinks with friends. But there's big plans this weekend, starting with grilled cheese and KTV. It's gonna be a fun night.

But before that fun night, here's a fun new song. It's Loving, the newest single from Land of Talk. This woman hasn't done anything since 2010, but she's changing that with a new album, Life After Youth, next month. And while I know I've heard one of her albums sometime long ago, nothing sticks. But this song is lovely, and features Sharon Van Etten on backing vocals.





I feel like I should post another song, but I can't think of anything for now. Maybe tomorrow.

UPDATE: I also really like this other new song by Land of Talk, This Time. Ok, now I feel better.


No comments:

Post a Comment