Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Apr 5 - Skee-Lo

I started working out recently. I'm now taking gym classes with my friends, who go like every day. They're nuts. I'm starting out with a bit of spinning and some yoga. Which is good, cause I eat a lot. The only reason I bring it up is to tell you about the meal I had after working out last weekend. There's a new restaurant in Shanghai (kind of, it's a new location of an existing restaurant with half a new menu) and they have this Ode to In N Out burger. So obviously I had to go eat it. And it was delicious, even if it wasn't quite an In N Out burger. But the only reason I bring it up is to tell you about the song I heard when I walked into the restaurant, which was I Wish, by Skee-Lo. You know this song. It was the best thing back in 1995. And I don't think I've heard it since then. Until last Sunday, that is. And then somehow I heard it again in a cab in Singapore this week. Not once in 20 years, then all of a sudden twice in a week. And this song is damn good. So it is now today's song. End of story.




Fun fact: Skee-Lo, despite wishing he was a little bit taller, is 5'8". I am, too. That's not all that short. Although I do wish I was 5'10" because I think it's like the perfect concert height.

No comments:

Post a Comment