Friday, May 5, 2017

May 5 - Grizzly Bear

GRIZZLY BEAR HAS A NEW SONG!!!

As if this year in music couldn't get better. Literally the only thing missing is Tune-Yards (I use literally in the correct sense here. Although it's possible I'm mistaken and they are not literally the only ones missing, I cannot think of anyone other than Tune-Yards at the moment who needs to release new music). Anyway, NEW GRIZZLY BEAR! This is big news guys. In case the caps didn't tip you off.

The song is called Three Rings. It's... different...Like even the vocals sound different. But take a listen.





I think I'm going to really like it eventually. I'm not sure how I feel about it at first listen. But then towards the end it really digs in and gets better and better. It's just different. I will also mention that I am writing this as I listen to the song for the first time. So you're getting me raw reaction. Which is good, right? At the time of writing, this YouTube video only had like 3000 views. So it's totally new and raw. And now I'm on the second listen. And maybe I'll end up loving it. It's very, very likely.

But for good measure, here's a wonderful Grizzly Bear song that I definitely love from their last album, Shields. That album blew my mind. It was my #2 album of 2012. And the only reason it wasn't #1 is because Alt-J made their debut. So yeah. But they even beat out Hiatus Kaiyote, who also debuted that year and was my #3. So you know they're good. Anyway, here's Sun In Your Eyes.


No comments:

Post a Comment