Sunday, May 12, 2019

May 13 - Bruce Hornsby / Son Lux

I am not looking forward to this week. But also, I'm very excited about this week. Cause my parents are coming. They get here on Wednesday. And that will be great. What I'm not looking forward to is that this week my big boss is also coming with another senior manager from Germany. So it's just going to be an extremely busy week. And last week was a pretty bad week at work, just very stressful and lots of relatively big issues came up, so I was kind of dreading coming back this week. But all those problems are dealt with for now. It's more that I know that I will have pretty much no time for myself this week. Every minute is either going to be with work people or my parents. I'd be happy if it was just my parents, but it's not. Despite that, I'm very happy they are coming. It's their first time coming down here, and it'll be their first time in the southern hemisphere as well. And we've got plenty of fun stuff planned for them. So once my boss leaves, it will be great.

In the meantime, I have some relaxing music to play. But also kind of super sad music. That's just a coincidence, though. Starting out with Bruce Hornsby. Apparently this guy has been around forever, and he's just put out a new album, which is a bit boring, but there's one beautiful song called Cast-Off, which features Justin Vernon (a.k.a. Bon Iver). Which is always a wonderful thing. So that's up first.





And up next is a very old song. Kind of. Son Lux just put out an album called Remnants, which is a collection of b-sides and rarities recorded over the last 10 years he's been making music. And the last few tracks are outtake tracks from their first album, At War With Walls and Mirrors. The last track in particular, Do, is wonderful. So that's the next one for today.


No comments:

Post a Comment