Thursday, May 19, 2016

May 19 - Låpsley

I was trying to think what I should tell you about, and then it occurred to me. I have not yet told you about Disneyland. I did write a blog after going to Disneyland, but it was a lot of music and only a few words. So now you get the words. And also music. Duh. But first some words.

Disney is opening an amusement park in Shanghai on June 16, and I got to go to the sneak preview last Friday (but don't tell anyone because I was actually in "meetings"). I have some friends who work there so they got us in while the park is only filling to 20% capacity, and before it's totally destroyed by the hordes of Chinese who will stomp on everything. So it was the perfect time to go. And I was super duper excited. Like 6 year old on Christmas morning excited. Or at least I assume that excited. I've never been excited on Christmas morning. Maybe I should say 6 year old at Disneyland. I've been excited about that at 6 years old. And at 31 years old. It was kind of embarrassing. Or it should have been, but I was not embarrassed at all. I was definitely more into it than my friends, though.

Ok, enough blabbering. It's the largest Disney Park in the world, although it doesn't feel as big as Disneyland. And it has some amazing rides. Our first stop was the Tron coaster, which is basically Space Mountain with lots of neon lights and sitting on a motorcycle leaning forward instead of in a roller coaster car. Super cool. Great feeling. Great lighting. Great music. Very fast. Michael approves. I pushed everyone to go there (well, they wanted to, but  not as quickly as I wanted to) because I felt like "OMGSJIPEGKNL WE ONLY HAVE 8 HOURS HERE WE NEED TO GO ON EVERYTHING OMGLKJSDFIOPWNEL:SKDGLKNSD:LFKJ" and my friends were like "Hey, cool, rides." I did manage to keep most of that capitalization inside, but not all. But it worked out cause it got us on a few rides. Then we had some down time and I was dying inside. I wanted to run back and forth and do everything and touch everything and see everything and ride everything and instead we were just kind of hanging out and I wanted to die. But then it was ok.

I feel like this blog makes no sense. It is all over the place. But that's good because that's how my brain was at Disneyland. I could not hold a conversation or concentrate on anything. Take that 6 year old at Disneyland excitement and add ADHD and that's probably more what I was like. I didn't even want to eat, just do everything. Oy.

Alright, the best thing we did was Pirates of the Caribbean. The new ride is unbelievable. One of the most amazing rides I've probably every been on. It's like the old one in that you're in a boat going slowly through different sets. Except this boat pivots on it's axis and doesn't just float in a straight line. And also, those sets from the old one, are now huge 3D Imax style theaters that you float through and feel completely immersed in. It is so amazing. And you're not even wearing 3D glasses. They've just used this crazy new technology to distort the video footage so that as you move it looks normal and 3D, but if you looked at it straight on without moving in exactly the right place it would be distorted. And by they I mean Industrial Light and Magic, cause Disney owns them, so you know it's good.

Ok that was the best thing and I'm gonna stop blabbering. I'm trying to go to Disney again,  so maybe I'll calm down and write about it again. Maybe even something intelligible. But no promises.

One last little bit about Låpsley. She's a 19 year old British girl who just put out her first album, Long Way Home. She's been all over the blogosphere and whatnot for a couple of years, and honestly I was not very impressed. But then I heard the album and kind of really liked it. There are definitely some songs in there that I don't like, but even those have grown on me. The one that took no time to grown and which was my immediate favorite was Cliff.






And then there's Tell Me The Truth. This one also didn't take time for me to like it, I liked it right from the start, but it just gets better every time I listen. I love that chorus. I really like this album. A lot more than expected. You should go listen.


No comments:

Post a Comment