Tuesday, May 31, 2016

May 31 - KAYTRANADA

I guess I should write a blog post. I guess not so much has happened since my birthday. Spent that week hanging out with Shuk-Wah, until she left for Beijing. And then I went to Disneyland again (just as good, except like twice as crowded). And now my family comes tomorrow! Which is why I thought I should write today.

And today I'm writing about KAYTRANADA. He's a Canadian producer, making music something like Disclosure, but more hip-hop. He just put out his debut album, 99.9%, and it's a fun one. And definitely has been growing on me. One stand out track is LITE SPOTS.





But that's not even close to the best. I mean, it's the second best, but the best is so much better. In no small part because it features one of my favorite bands, Little Dragon. And this song sounds like an amazing, new Little Dragon track. I love it. In fact, I'm getting new speakers (they're coming with my parents and I'm super excited about them. Hooray!) and I think this might be the first song I play on them, because it will sound great, and I am obsessed. So here's BULLETS, the closing (and by far the best) track. Maybe even one of the top tracks of the year.


No comments:

Post a Comment