Sunday, December 3, 2017

Dec 4 - Japanese Breakfast

It has been a very busy couple of weeks since I came back to China. I think I mentioned that my sister came back from the States with me and spent a week here. So for that first week I was taking her around, mostly in the evenings after work. But basically as soon as I got off the plane and got home, she was there waiting and we jumped right into it. It wasn't her first time here, so she was pretty low maintenance, but it was just more non-stop hosting. And at the same time a close friend of mine was in town who used to live here, along with her husband and father, so I was also trying to see them as much as possible. And I hosted a Friendsgiving for like 20 people. And then when my sister left, I had one night on my own before another friend who used to live here came back for a business trip and is staying with me. So yeah, it's been super busy with very little down time or me time. But I'm headed to Germany tonight, and I'll have plenty of me time.

But before going to Germany I got to go to a concert last night. Japanese Breakfast is on an Asia tour and they had a stop in Shanghai. They put out a new album earlier this year, Soft Sounds From Another Planet, which I think is pretty ok, but nothing great. But when they come to Shanghai and only charge $15, I'll definitely go. And I'll tell you about them, starting with my favorite song by them, Road Head.




So yeah, they make this pretty dreamy indie rock. It's good, but not good enough for me to have previously mentioned it or bought an album. Although some people do love it. Like a lot. I just like it. The singer is also really cute and weird. She was talking a lot last night, in a non-annoying manner. Basically just flaunting her nerdiness. Nerdiness which is affirmed by Machinist, one of their singles, which they closed out with last night and which she said is about falling in love with a robot. I never thought this was one of their better songs, although I think it's one of the more popular ones, but it was one of the best ones live.


No comments:

Post a Comment