Thursday, December 7, 2017

Dec 7 - Soft Glas / Edamame / Jack Grace

I'm in Germany this week, which means it's a pretty relaxed week. I stay like 5 minutes walk from the office, and I'm in a tiny town with nobody. So I pretty much just get off work and go back to the hotel and chill out. I did have dinner with one of my colleagues last night and we went to a bigger city nearby and had a nice Italian dinner, but otherwise, super chill. And tomorrow I go to Munich to see the Mangs! My favorite!

So for a chill week, we have a bunch of chill music, starting with Soft Glas. Soft Glas is a Brooklyn producer, who makes super chilled out music that I like a lot. Surprisingly, he was my most listened to artist on Spotify this year. I say it's surprising because I actually think he has a few really great songs, and then his other songs are just good. I first heard Sky In The Lake and really liked it when it was released as a single from his new album Orange Earth. But at that point the album wasn't out. So I went and listened to his first album, Late Bloom. And there's this song, Somewhere, that is probably his best song. But I think the reason he was my most listened to artist is because I listened to his stuff a lot as background music, or to decide if it was good enough for me to actually purchase. It isn't, but it's really close. So I just kept listening and trying to make up my mind. But anyway, he is worth mentioning, so here is Somewhere, off of Late Bloom.





In other chilled music, we have Edamame. Great name. This producer is from Chicago, and also put out an album earlier this year, titled Bask. But he has a looooooot more music out. He makes lots and lots of stuff. He's been putting out 2-3 EPs or albums a year for like 5 years. But I've actually only listened to Bask. And I'm just going to share Mango Pulp, my favorite song off that album.





And last up we have Jack Grace, another producer. This one from Australia. He's only got one EP out so far, called River. It's all super chill, and much more vocal than the last two artists. But the song that really got me was Us, the post-EP single. This one is great. And it sounds a bit like James Blake, which is always a good thing. This is actually the second artist like this I've found this year, after Bearcubs. Good year for this type of music.


No comments:

Post a Comment