Friday, December 29, 2017

Dec 29 - The Hundred In The Hands / Lafa Taylor

I think this is probably going to be my last blog post of the year. I'm sitting at the airport waiting to fly to India for New Year's (plus a weeklong vacation!), so I doubt I'll blog much while there. But it is Friday night and I want to get something else in, so we're going to have a couple of fun, Friday night songs. Even if I am spending my Friday night on a plane. I'm on my way to have fun, so that counts for something, right?

I will have to come back and update this later with actual videos, though. I should have done this at the office today when the VPN was working well, but now I'm on my tablet on mobile data with a sketchy VPN connection and I can't put in songs. So if you read this before there are songs, go find them yourself. Otherwise, sorry I just wasted your time with this entire paragraph. Anyway, here we go!

I am currently listening to The Hundred In The Hands. I found this band years ago, and then they dropped off my radar. But I have their first album, and I liked it back in the day. Now they have put out a new album, called Love In The Black Stack. Apparently it's their 3rd. I somehow missed their 2nd album. Or at least I think I did, but it came out 5 years ago, so I'm not sure. But I almost missed the 3rd one. The only reason I found it is because one of the DJs from my local (to LA, not Shanghai) NPR affiliate  put it on her year end top 10. I'm not sure it belongs there, but it is a fun album. And the opening track, Red Eyes Rising, is pretty amazing. Overall the album is just ok, it opens super strong (as you can hear), has a couple great tracks, then gets pretty average pretty quick. But this song is definitely worth many listens.





The second track comes from Lafa Taylor, a West Coast producer and rapper. And it is also an opening track. This one is Turn My Music Up, the opener off of one of his 2 EPs he put out this year. I only heard this EP, Feel, but I should probably go listen to the other. And maybe even his older ones, cause this song is super fun. So there's two fun songs for a Friday night, and also for New Year's Eve since I proably won't get back to you before then. So enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment