Monday, March 25, 2019

Mar 26 - Pavo Pavo / Elderbrook

I am exhausted today. I don't know why. I didn't sleep well on Saturday and Sunday night for some reason, but I actually slept quite well last night. So I don't know why I just feel like I have no energy. And work isn't super busy right now, so I feel like I'm just making stuff up at the office. I can't think of what to write either. I'm just trying to kill time and look busy for a bit.

So I'll just share a couple quick songs with you. With today's musical theme being artists I heard about thanks to SXSW. Up first is Pavo Pavo, a new band from Brooklyn. I had actually heard their song Mystery Hour previously, but didn't listen to the full album (also called Mystery Hour) until just last week. And honestly it's not that great. But Mystery Hour is pretty fantastic. So here's that.





And then on the complete opposite side of the musical spectrum, I'll also share the song Talking, also off the album Talking, by Elderbrook. Once again, fantastic song. This album, as a whole, I would say is better than the Pavo Pavo album. But this is the song that stuck out, and I have to give the whole album another listen to decide if I actually like the band, or if I just really like this one song. Or maybe a few songs. But for sure I really like this one song.


No comments:

Post a Comment