Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Mar 6 - H.E.R.

I feel like I don't really have anything to write about lately. There just isn't very much going on, maybe. Now that I'm actually in Sydney more than not, I basically go to work, come home, and then have various evening activities or not. But nothing seems noteworthy. It's generally just yoga or dinner with a friend or a concert. And I usually write about the concerts. But that's really it. Then on the weekends, I find ways to keep myself busy, often on my own, sometimes with friends. But the friends stuff is usually more in the evening. But again, nothing too noteworthy. I do my yoga. I watch movies. Go run errands. I don't know, it just feels like not very much noteworthy is going on these days. But I am keeping myself busy. And it doesn't feel much different form Shanghai life, as far as the types of activities I'm doing. Just less frequent and more often on my own here than it was in Shanghai. So I don't know why I feel like I don't have much to report on lately. But that's how it is. And I guess if anything changes I'll let you know?

But for now, I'm going to share a bit of pop music with you. Not even indie pop. Real pop. I guess it's technically R&B. But it is the grammy-winning, mainstream artist named H.E.R., so counts as popular (i.e. pop) music. And to make her even more mainstream, she was a Disney kid. So she technically falls into the same category as people like Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez and Ariana Grande. Gross. But, H.E.R. is really good. She's only got a couple albums out now, one more hip-hop, one more acousticy, but both very good. Good enough to win a Grammy, which, let's be honest, is not always a sign of music being good. But anyway, H.E.R. is great. Especially the song Hard Place. I've listened to it so many times. Now you can listen to, if you haven't already.


No comments:

Post a Comment