Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Mar 27 - Ama Lou

So today is my friend Josh's birthday. I met Josh at a birthday party a few weeks ago, and then he actually showed up to my friend Monica's book launch, which he said he would but I don't think any of us actually expected. And since then, we've started hanging out. The first time we hung out after that we actually went to the Julia Jacklin concert together, which turned into much more drinking at night and then sharing music. One of my favorite things. So in honor of his birthday, I'll share an artist today who he recommended to me, who I really like, named Ama Lou.

She's another extremely talented, very young artist. I think she's about 20. She put out her first EP, DDD, last March, which followed up a few random singles over the last couple of years. The first and last tracks on the EP (Tried Up and Wired) are both fantastic, with the middle one (Wrong Lesson) being good. To go along with the album, though, she created a 13 minute short film that combines videos for each song. She was fully in control of the creative process for the songs and video(s), so since it all goes together so nicely, I'm just going to drop the whole video in here and share all 3 songs.


No comments:

Post a Comment