Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Jun 28 - Fyfe / The Drums

2 songs to share with you today. The first one comes from Fyfe, who recently put out his sophomore album, The Space Between. This guy first caught my attention with his cover art on his first album, which I really like, and then I realized he'd been on a few playlists I liked. But I wasn't a particularly big fan. His second album (which also has nice cover art) is better than the first, though, with a couple of standout tracks. My favorite is Belong, which features Kimbra as well, another artist that is pretty good, but nothing too great. Anyway this song is really nice.





And then we have a new album from The Drums, title Abysmal Thoughts. And the title track, which is also the closing track, is super. Super duper. I don't remember being a big fan of The Drums first album. In fact, it's quite possible I never heard it and only heard their name. But this new album has shown up in a couple places and caught my attention a couple times. I still need to give it a proper listen, but Abysmal Thoughts is worth sharing right now. I might come back and write about them again later, but for now at least listen to this.


No comments:

Post a Comment