Friday, June 2, 2017

June 2 - Tsutro / Alvan

Oy it's been a busy couple of days. Last time I was here I was sitting in the airport. And that was all well and good, but then I got on a flight that I slept terribly on. Luckily I did not go to work when I landed at 5am. I went home, napped, then went to Disneyland! And I went to Disneyland to go to Club 33, which is like a bucket list item and I finally checked it off. In case you don't know, Club 33 is the private club at Disneyland, which they also have in Tokyo and Shanghai. Not even Disneyworld has it (although that's apparently changing this year and then every Disneyworld park will have it). And it costs $50,000 to join, plus $15,000 per year. And there's a 12 year waiting list. And that's the only way you can get into the fanciest restaurant in Disneyland to spend a ton more money and drink booze. The only place in Disneyland with booze, in fact. But it just so happens Shanghai Disney has invited some employees for lunches and I went with a friend, and then got to stay in the park for a few hours. So that was a nice start to the week.

But then I went to work and was super busy from Thursday onwards working on these 2 reports for a meeting with our CEO today which got cancelled. I was kind of pissed. And now I've spent my Friday evening at home, which is fine because that's kind of all I wanted to do. I'm supposed to maybe go meet a friend who's leaving town. But it's now 10:30 (when she's supposed to let me know if she's going out) and I'm giving her until 11:00 before I go to bed... We'll see what happens. I'll go if she texts since she's moving to the US on Monday, but I kind of don't want to.

I'm in a much more chilled mood than anything now. So we have some chilled out music today, starting with the track Angkor, from Tsutro.





It's a pretty one. And it's not his only pretty one. Back To You is also very pretty. Both of them are off of Tsutro, the first solo album by this producer who has apparently been doing many things with many people for a very long time. But this is the first I've heard of him. And I like.





And with more chilled out electronic music, we have Amazone, which is the closing (and best) track off of Alvan's EP Home. The only EP from him so far, although he does have a few more random singles. As mentioned, this one is definitely the best. Probably because it reminds me of Bonobo, which is always a good thing. So hopefully he keeps doing stuff like this.

Anyway, there's some chilled out music for my mood, which is also somehow good for a Friday, and in case you didn't notice we've got the Angkor and the Amazon and so there's that, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment