Friday, June 16, 2017

June 17 - Amber Mark / ODESZA

What I really need to talk about today is Fleet Foxes. They released their new album, Crack-Up, yesterday, and it is incredible. Like super delicious and mind-meltingly wonderful. I can't even. And I don't say that lightly. But I. Can't. Even. This album has been like 5 years in the making (ok maybe not actually "in the making" but definitely in the waiting) and is definitely their best. Definitely follows my theory of first album being great, second being either good or disappointing (in this case good), and third being incredible. This one is incredible. Go listen to it. My problem now is, I want to share the entire album with you here. But I can't do that. That's just silly. I've already shared Odaigihara / Third of May, the lead single, and you'll have to go do the rest on your own. But go do it. Now.

Instead, I'm going to share totally different music with you, starting with Amber Mark. Much like Jain, who I shared with you recently, this woman also lived all over the world growing up, and has now settled in New York. She put out her debut EP, 3:33, back in May, and it's a decent listen overall. Kind of a modern R&B/Disco feel. Think Gavin Turek but less disco-ey. Still disco-ey though, and definitely dancey. Lose My Cool is a great example, plus I really really love what happens at the 1 minute mark. That's what did it for me with this song.





And then we have ODESZA, a sort of indie, chilled-out electronic music producer. He's apparently working on something new and I just heard Meridian, one of the singles from whatever is coming up. I can't be bothered to look and see what it is. I like ODESZA, but not enough to actually read about him. I'll just wait until something pops up and listen to it and I'm sure enjoy it. After all, I really enjoy this song. And he has another song that features RY X, a man who I think is brilliant and I will listen to anything he's involved in. By the way, I just went to get the video from YouTube, and easily discovered that the new album will be out September 8 and is called A Moment Apart. So there's that. And here's Meridian.


No comments:

Post a Comment