Saturday, June 10, 2017

June 10 - Bonobo

We'll just do a quick Bonobo post today. I meant to post about him all year, since he put out his new album Migration. The album is good, pretty different from his previous stuff, though. More mellow, which is maybe not the right description since it was already super mellow before. Anyway, he put out this album Migration which is pretty good. And there's some great tracks on there, but I'll share Surface. I'm not sure it's my favorite off the album. It's actually tough to pick a favorite. But it is great, and I love the vocalist. One of the many things I love about Bonobo is how he finds these vocalists I've never heard of who are special and unique and then uses them throughout an album. He did not do that this time. This time he worked with artists like Rhye and Nick Murphy (fka Chet Faker). But on Surface, he has this woman Nicole Miglis who is super interesting and has a beautiful voice. And it's a stellar track. So that's the album choice.





And then he put out a new song last week. It's a b-side to the latest single from Migration, and it's called Samurai, and it's great. More what I expect in general from Bonobo than the album itself was. I actually used it as the basis for a playlist for my dinner party last night. I think it turned out a pretty good playlist, which was described as a friend today like what he'd expect to hear at H&M. I'm not sure that's a good thing or not, but I'll take it as one.


No comments:

Post a Comment