Monday, June 26, 2017

June 27 - Washed Out

I think all this travel is finally starting to catch up with me. I'm in Chongqing at the moment. I thought it had been like 5 or 6 weeks in a row that I'm gone every week. But I just looked at my calendar and I actually think I've been gone every single week since at least mid-April. That's not to say I haven't gone back to Shanghai or been in the office, but traveling literally every week for at least a night. That is crazy. And yeah, I think it's catching up to me. I do not feel my best mental self at the moment. I need some time at home. But I'm not going to get it any time soon. I'll go back tomorrow and spend 6 days in Shanghai, but next week I go to Guangzhou for 2 nights, then maybe back to Southeast Asia the following week, and after that I go home on vacation. That's sort of the light at the end of the tunnel, although that's still traveling and being on the move, so it might still drive me a bit crazy. But at least it's vacation. So I should be able to enjoy it, I hope. It's only taken like 8 years of this to catch up with me! Anyway hopefully home will be the break I need and then I'll be ok again.

Until then, I've got music. And today's music is from Washed Out. They have a new album coming out this Friday, called Mister Mellow. I really enjoyed the last album, Paracosm, and so far I really enjoy the two singles they put out from this album, the first one being Get Lost.





And then after Get Lost was Hard To Say Goodbye. Both great. Actually hard to pick which I like more. I was listening to Get Lost and was like "oh yeah, this is the better one." But then I started playing Hard To Say Goodbye and was like "oh wait, but maybe this is the better one?" I really have no idea. Maybe you can choose. And that's all I have to say about them because my brain is not fully functioning right now. But you can enjoy it anyway, I'm sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment