Sunday, September 17, 2017

Sept 17 - Bjork / Nai Palm

I've only had a one day weekend, but it's been a nice one day so far. That's also kind of a lie. It's been a 3 day weekend in a way. Friday I was still in Sri Lanka "working" from my hotel most of the morning, but then was at the office until 10pm waiting to go to the airport. It was not all work, only partially, but I guess we can say it was a half day? And then I was on a plane overnight Friday and most of Saturday. So while I pretty much just slept and watching movies, I did not get to spend it at home sleeping and watching movies, which is what I would have wanted. Quite annoying. But then I got back and went to a really nice house party last night, did some good yoga this morning, got some gifts for my friend for my upcoming trip to New Zealand, and now I'm just relaxing. And sharing music with you. Two exciting musics.

The first exciting music is The Gate, a new single from Bjork. It is very pretty. I don't know if this means there's a new album coming, or if it's just a random single, but I'm happy to have it. EDIT: Just looked it up. It's the first single off a new album called Utopia which is apparently due out in November! That's so soon! I will probably update this with the real video when it's released Monday, but for now I'm putting this filler video. Apparently the real video has Bjork wearing a Gucci gown that took 550 hours to make, and an additional 330 hours to embroider. Crazy.





And then there's the first single from Nai Palm. She's the lead singer of Hiatus Kaiyote, which we wall know is one of my favorite bands. She's put out Homebody this week, which is the first single off her debut solo album, Needle Paw, which will be out in about a month. This is not just more Hiatus Kaiyote music, it's very different, which is both good and bad. But I'm very excited to hear it.


No comments:

Post a Comment