Friday, September 1, 2017

Sept 1 - Jessie Ware / Ibeyi

I have barely been able to write anything in here. Mostly because I've been on the road a lot so haven't been listening to a lot of new music. And then last weekend I was super busy with goodbyes. One of my closest friends left last Monday to move home, which sucks. And she's just the first of a few who are leaving in the next couple of months. And a couple that are staying got pregnant so they're basically out of the picture. So yeah, I'm losing all my friends. Again. This happens a lot, what with being an expat and all. It sucks. I need to meet new people. Or I just need to leave myself. But I do like it a lot here....

But I do have some good new music. The War On Drugs put their album out last week, and it turned out to be great. Really great. Greater than I expected. There's no track like Red Eyes, but it's still a great album. And then there's other ones I'll share, but I'll do that tomorrow. Today I'm just going to put up a couple new songs I heard and like before I go out for some drinks.

First up is Jessie Ware's new single. People like her a lot. I'm not one of those people. I like her fine, but not as crazy about her as everyone seemed to be when her first album came out. But now she's put out this song Selfish Love and I really like it. I think it might be her best song. This is the 2nd single of the year, and she hasn't had an album out since 2014, so I guess she's got a new one coming out.





And then there's Ibeyi. These sisters make some very cool music, and had some very cool songs, which turned into a pretty disappointing album. They've been putting out new music lately, and now with Deathless (a song featuring Kamasi Washington) they've hit gold again. Their new album, Ash, will be out later this month, and I'm sure will be worth checking out, if nothing else.


No comments:

Post a Comment