Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Jul 11 - Fell Runner

This has been (and will continue to be) a crazy month for travel. Like the busiest I've had since moving to Australia. It's like I'm back in Asia!

I got home from the US on Monday morning last week, and on Tuesday was on a plane to Auckland for a couple of nights. And then this week I had to go to Brisbane Monday and Melbourne yesterday. Next week it's back to Auckland for a couple of nights, and again to Brisbane the week after that. And then my friend Nikki is coming so we're going away for the 2 weekends she's here. And then she leaves around August 9 and a week later I'm going to New Zealand again for the Wellington food festival, and a week after that it's off to Europe for 2 weeks for work and a wedding, and then back here and I'll probably have to be back in New Zealand like right away after that, and at the end of September it's Thailand for a week with my sister, and then a week after that back to Germany again for some meetings, and then it's mid-October! I don't think I have any other trips I know of between now and then.... Not that I can think of at the moment... But I do feel like I'm missing something...

And at the same time, I've signed up for Hinge, another dating app, which seems to actually work quite well, so I'm trying to go on dates. Which with my schedule is not easy. But the way Hinge works, you can see who likes you even if you don't like them. And it turns out Jewish women like me! Which is convenient. I like them too. Now I just need to actually find time to meet them.

I also do not have as much time as I would like for music. I always fall behind when I'm travelling. But I have recently found an amazing band called Fell Runner, who I am very excited about. They're an LA band, and the closest thing I can think of is Adult Jazz. So, weird. But we all know I love weird! First up is Same Way. Wonderful weirdness, a bit all over the place, but so interesting and tasty.






So Same Way is off of their debut album, Talking, which came out last month. Which, much like Adult Jazz did when they released their debut, may end up in my top 10 this year. Cause I love this album. It's not only Adult Jazz-y, but there's also a lot of Dirty Projectors in there. And both of these are excellent comparisons. What's not to love, really? Interestingly, my other favorite track off the song is the title track, Talking, which, as you may have guessed, is a spoken track. I hate spoken tracks. Generally speaking anyway. But there's so much more to this than just talking. It's not singing either, though. It's just crazy. So crazy. And so good. Those guitars! The whole album is so good.




No comments:

Post a Comment