Thursday, July 11, 2019

Jul 12 - Flume / sir Was / Caroline Polachek

This has felt like the longest week ever. I already told you there's a lot of travel these days, but I sometimes have these day trips to nearby cities, usually Brisbane, sometimes Melbourne. This week I had both. They generally entail a 6am flight and getting home between 6 and 10pm. So very long days, which takes away from doing anything fun. And they often also involve sitting in an airport for hours if I finish up my meetings early. Which is what happened Wednesday, plus an hour and a half delay. Good times. So yeah, it's been a long week. And I am so ready for the weekend.

And before the weekend, here's a bit of music. I'm playing catch-up on new tracks from when I was home. We'll start out with Flume, who I'm not such a huge fan of, but he's got a new single called Let You Know, with vocals by Hannah Reid of London Grammar. And it's a great song. Should be the first track from some new album, and if this is the direction he's heading, then I may actually really like this one.





Then we move to Sweden, where we have a Deployed, the first track from Holding On To A Dream, the new album from sir Was. He's apparently put out a couple of releases previously, but I'd never heard of him. And now he comes along with this great, little track, featuring none other than Yukimi Nagano of Little Dragon.





Lastly, instead of playing you producers who are featuring someone from another band, let's flip it and give you someone who's gone solo from her band. That would be Caroline Polacheck. She's getting ready to release an album using her own name for the first time. But she was (still is?) the singer for Chairlift. And has put out a solo album previously, but under a stage name. And now that I know who she is, I can totally recognize the voice. Anyway, she's got her first single under her own name, and it's called Door, and it's real pretty.


No comments:

Post a Comment