Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Jul 31 - Brittany Howard / Billy Lemons

So this week has not gotten much better, workwise. It's just a pretty shitty week. But I'm glad Nikki is here so I can relax and unwind in the evenings by going out and doing stuff together, rather than sitting at home alone and letting it all fester. So that's good. But the good thing is new songs which I'll share with you.

Up first is Brittany Howard. You may know her as the singer for Alabama Shakes, and she is now getting ready to release a solo album. It'll be called Jaime, after her sister who passed away when she was a teenager, and will be out next month. She had previously released a really weird song called History Repeats, which I was not a huge fan of. But the new single, Stay High, is really nice. Some beautiful vocals on this one. I'm used to her being much more rough on the Alabama Shakes stuff, but this one is super soulful and super chill. And it's got Terry Crews in the music video, so what's not to love?





The other new find for the week is Billy Lemos, a producer from Iowa or Ohio or Illinois or one of those states. I don't remember. Anyway his new song Dive In came up on a playlist and I have it on repeat this week. Not sure what it's from or what the guy is doing, but he's already got a couple EPs out that re just ok. But this song is fantastic.


No comments:

Post a Comment