Sunday, July 28, 2019

Jul 29 - BEA1991 / Jesca Hoop

I just spent the weekend in the Gold Coast with my friend Nikki who's just arrived. But then I came back last night and slept really shittily and I'm too tired to think enough to write about it. So I'm just gonna give you some pretty music.

I'm gonna share 2 artists who put out very pretty albums recently. Despite being very pretty, the albums were just ok. A bit same-samey for me. But still some great songs. So let's start out very chill with BEA1991's song loser wins.




So BEA1991 is apparently the renaming of the Dutch artist formerly known as BEA, who now has an album out called Brand New Adult under this new name. And like I said, it's super pretty. But the prettiest is definitely the closing track, the dream. This one's been on repeat. That little piano loop just gets me. And then the little dings and dongs that come in about halfway. And literally everything else about it. Just so relaxing and pretty and dreamy.





Then we've got Red White and Black, by far the best song on Jesca Hoop's newest album Stonechild. Which also has amazing cover art. I love it. And the album is also really nice. Actually both this album and BEA1991's album I do really like sometimes. It really depends on my mood. When I'm in the right mood I'll happily listen to the whole thing. But if I'm not, then it does get a bit same-samey. But Jesca Hoop's got some great vocal arrangements in this one (props up to Lucius for also being featured on the album). But nothing beats Red White and Black. Another one that sits on repeat.







No comments:

Post a Comment