Saturday, March 19, 2016

Mar 19 - Submotion Orchestra

I had another busy week on the road this week. I had conferences I was planning in Ningbo on Tuesday, and Xi'an Thursday. Which meant that Monday was a travel day (including out to Pudong to pick up my colleague who flew in from Germany), and then also Wednesday. And actually even Thursday, because I had to leave immediately after the conference ended Thursday to get back to Pudong in time for my colleague to catch his flight back to Germany. Which didn't happen because we were delayed two hours, so I then only made it home at 3am. But of course I was awake at 8am despite not having to go to the office Friday. I have no clue why. Which means last night was a quiet night with grilled cheese and a couple drinks, and then asleep by ten. Wonderful stuff.

The event on Tuesday I was not happy with. It went well, we ran it well, but I was very disappointed in the support we got from the sales team. Thursday was much better, though. Actually went really well. And, as usual, the best part was all the delicious food. Xi'an would have been nice as a city as well. I wanted to spend a little extra time and see a bit, but had to run after the event. So busy, but not very eventful week. I did get to binge watch House of Cards, though! That was probably the highlight. Nobody really cares about work.

I didn't really feel like writing during the week, though. But now I'll write to you about Submotion Orchestra. I think More Than This was the first song I heard, which is off their new album Colour Theory. I don't remember where I heard it exactly, but I really liked it.




After really liking More Than This, I went to listen to the album. And I actually found that it's not what I expected. I thought it would be more of the same sound. And there is more of that, and some other great tracks with vocals (specifically Illusions and Empty Love), but then there's a bunch of instrumental tracks, which are more reminiscent of Bonobo. And how could I not love that? Best track is definitely Jaffa, but Kimono is a close second, I'd say.





No comments:

Post a Comment