Friday, March 4, 2016

Mar 4 - Mereki / Wildhoney

And now, the conference is officially over. At least the official part is. Today was a long one, for some reason, though. It actually was no longer than yesterday, I just feel more tired and had a harder day. But anyway it's done, and next up is our river cruise dinner, which should be nice. Surprisingly, it will be the only event that features alcohol. I mean, I guess it shouldn't be surprising since we are in Dubai, but this company never has events without alcohol. This has been like the healthiest event in the company's 225 year history. Which isn't saying much, cause they still feed us waaaaay too much food.

Anyway, glad it's over, and I know have a 30 minute break to change and share music with you. And with today's post I'm just about caught up with the music I had lined up to share (but I still have a long list of things to listen to once I have more time, which will inevitably lead to too much other music to share). So we're going back to the 2 songs from 2 artists model. The first artist is Mereki, and the first song is Sirens. The reason you only get one song from Mereki is because Mereki only has 3 songs (the first of which is alright, the second of which is not). And I only like this song. And after reading her profile on her record label's site, I'm not sure I need to listen to more in the future. But anyway, this one is good.





And then we have Wildhoney, with the track Laura off of their first EP Your Face Sideways, which came out last year. Great song. Only great song on the EP. Nice sound in general, but nothing too earth shattering. They do have an album from last year also, titled Sleep Through It, which I guess I'll listen to. But for now, all you need to know about is Laura.


No comments:

Post a Comment