Saturday, March 19, 2016

March 20 - Katrine Stochholm

Last night was quite a big one, and I'm feeling it today. It was the annual adult Purim party, which I just learned is something that happens every year in Shanghai. And this year my friend was organizing and was intent on finding me a Jewish wife (as am I) so I went. And drank a lot. And then smoked (which I never do), and it actually worked this time (which it never does), which at first was fine, but then things got spinny and I had to leave.

But all in all, a great night. Even if it made this morning not so great. I've just been on the couch watching TV and movies. Actually that's what I did yesterday, too, until I had dinner with my friend Zabrina, who it turns out is finally leaving us. She's been talking about it for a few months now, and it's finally here, and it's not fun. I will miss her. But she's going to SF, so there are chances to see her. In fact, I'll probably see her this summer. But that's too far away.

And, because I'm sure you're wondering, there were some nice Jewish girls at the party last night. Nothing concrete to report, but we shall see if I can't change that.

I can't find out much about Katrine Stochholm, but judging by her name and the fact that everything she writes looks like it's in Swedish and I think my google search results only returned Swedish articles, I'm guessing she is from Sweden. Although one article I found also mentioned the name Under Byen, which then led to an English wikipedia page talking about this Danish band that started in 1995. So maybe she's Danish. Other than that, I've got nothing for you. Except a really nice, understated debut (maybe? maybe solo debut? Maybe American debut? Maybe Spotify just hasn't caught up for some reason?) single, En Dejlig Aften.



Soundcloud has come through with at least one answer! In English, she is stated as being from Denmark, and this song is stated as being the first single from her album Danser Til Radio. So there's something.

No comments:

Post a Comment