Friday, February 27, 2015

Feb 27 - Emile Haynie

So remember how I was like "being back at work isn't so bad"? I changed my mind. Today was not fun. But mostly because I had to spend the entire day on a task that I do not enjoy. So that wasn't fun. I need a drink. Which would have been perfect, because today is Friday, but then we have to work on Saturday to "make up for" the holiday last week. Because that's how China rolls.

But I did have time to listen to new music for the first time in a week, and found a couple good new songs, one of which is Emile Haynie. He's a producer who's worked on all kinds of hip-hop albums and also on Lana Del Rey. And now he's put out his own album, We Fall, although I think he doesn't actually sing or anything. I think he just produced it and put his name on it, but it features all kinds of people who do the singing. One of whom is Andrew Wyatt, the singer from Miike Snow, who sings on the opening track (and the best track) Falling Apart. Don't expect anything hip-hopy or Miike Snowy, but do expect a good song.




That song definitely caught my attention, so I went and listened to the album, and it's just ok. Doesn't live up to that song. It's much poppier than I like, though there are a few great songs, like A Kiss Goodbye, which features Sampha, and Come Find Me, which features Lykke Li. Between Sampha, Lykke Li, Andrew Wyatt and a few of the other features (namely, Father John Misty) I did have high hopes, which the album did not live up to. But still worth a listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment