Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Feb 4 - Nathaniel Rateliff

Today was a "work from home" day. Technically it was a "business trip" day because I'm going to Tianjin tomorrow and just stuck this in there with my outstation notification, but actually one of my best friends in China left today (again, more on that later) and I wanted to spend the day with her. She actually just left like 5 minutes ago and it's super sad and blah blah blah, but I'm sure I'll actually become aware of it in a few days and then be more sad about it.

So we had a great last day together. I actually did get some work done, which was necessary. But in addition to that we had an amazing massage, something I needed desperately. Then we went back to Din Tai Fung for xiaolongbao, which is our weekly dinner date spot, and then ran a few errands in the afternoon while she packed, and finally had a last meal at the amazing grilled cheese sandwich restaurant before seeing her off. And now here we are.

The highlight of the day was probably the massage (although the dumplings and the grilled cheese were also pretty awesome, but the goodbyes were pretty shit). After a conversation with a friend last night, I also realized that I do not, in fact, have to talk to the masseuses, even though they love to talk to me for some reason (probably that I speak Chinese and they can is enough reason for them). I can actually just put in my headphones and ignore them altogether and enjoy my massage even more than usual. So that's exactly what I did today.

Originally I was planning to listen to Nathaniel Rateliff, which is why I'm sharing his song today. Also because he makes good music and has a new EP out. And he has an impressive beard. In the end I listened to Jose Gonzalez instead, mostly because he's made enough music to get through a 90 minute massage without having to touch my iPod, but also because Nathaniel Rateliff has some more upbeat songs which I didn't want to listen to while getting a massage. But Jose Gonzalez, well he's just perfect. But Nathaniel Rateliff is still great, and this song, Three Fingers In, off of 2013's Falling Faster Than You Can Run, is absolutely beautiful and would also have been perfect for a massage, and many other situations.



Also, I smell heavily of sandalwood after that massage. Hopefully it will help with the ladies.

And, sexy picture up there. That's the album cover, but seeing it all big on my screen now made me realize it's all about sexy times.

No comments:

Post a Comment