Friday, February 13, 2015

Feb 14 - Hot Chip

I'm once again sitting at the airport. This is when I used to always blog, while waiting at airports. Now that I'm doing it every day that is not always the case, but it still happens pretty often. Anyway I'm in Tianjin, making my way back to Shanghai for my 1 day weekend. 1 day because next week is Chinese New Year, which is a 1 week public holiday. China does that twice a year, these one week public holidays. They're pretty great, except for the fact that they also do this thing where you have to "make up for vacation days" by working weekends around them. So we work tomorrow, Sunday, and the first Sunday after the holiday. Which is one of the things I hate most about China.

So today I only have a 1 day weekend. I had to come up to Tianjin for part 2 of our year end parties. Last night the food was much better, but the atmosphere was much better in Shanghai. And now I've chosen to wake up at 6am to get on an 8am flight, because otherwise I'd be flying back at 5pm and I'd spend my 1 day weekend in a hotel in Tianjin. No thank you.

Yesterday was also pretty exciting because I found out about a bunch of new albums coming out by great artists this year. Those would include Alabama Shakes (!!!), Hot Chip (!!), The Tallest Man On Earth (!!) and Florence + The Machine (!!!!!!!!!!). I love Florence. So much. She's the best thing ever. This is in addition to other exciting announcements like Sufjan Stevens, Yael Naim, and rumors of Radiohead that had already been swirling around the interwebs.

Out of all of those, I have actually decided that I will share Hot Chip's new single today. They're probably my least favorite out of all those bands, but their new single is awesome. Plus it's called Huarache Lights. Not only is it a great song, but it's about Huaraches (or so the name would have you believe) and I do love wearing my huaraches. As much as possible. Every day if I could, but now that I live somewhere with winter I can't. Le sigh. But I'll listen to this and it will make me happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment