Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Jun 10 - Alpine

I'm slightly drunk again, this time because of work. We had our Changsha event today, which was very long and once again reinforced the fact that I hate doing corporate events. But in the end, everything was forgotten. Probably because we got all you can drink German beer (which we paid for. Don't let me saying "we got it" make you think it was given to us to make up for problems). But anyway, point being, Kempinski Hotel (not to drop names or anything...) or any other 5 star hotel anywhere else in the world is not the same as it should be in America or Europe. Especially when it comes to anything even slightly more complicated than just booking a room.

Anyway, I digress. We're here for music. We all know this. And if you don't know this, then you better figure it out, because I really just write this blog to provide you with music. The rest is boring drivel. And today's music is Foolish, by Australian band Alpine. This is a band I like very much, and their sophomore album, Yuck, comes out next week. I have written about them before, but it's been 2 years and we're excited for new music. And that new music is now here. They have released one song, Foolish, which is a wonderful example of their typical style which I love, and which makes me hopeful that they won't suffer from the sophomore slump. It's really a great song, off of what I hope is a great album, by a (up until now) great band. Interesting note: they also have 2 female vocalists, much like my other favorite Lucius. But they sound nothing alike.


No comments:

Post a Comment