Friday, June 5, 2015

Jun 5 - Bomba Estereo

One more week down. There's actually a gig I want to go to tonight, but I think I'm gonna stay in. Couldn't find anyone to go with me, and I've been out late the last two nights so I'm pretty tired. Plus tomorrow is boozy brunch day, so I need my energy.

One thing that will give me energy is Bomba Estéreo, a band I just found out about today. I'm a bit late in the game for these guys, apparently they just put out their third album, Amanecer, but it's a total winner. The band is from Colombia, so it's all in Spanish. Apparently they've had all kinds of labels applied to them which are totally fitting, like psychedelic cumbia, but they dismiss all of them. As they put it, they are Bomba Estéreo, which is Colombian slang for a really cool, awesome, bad ass party. And that is exactly the mood they are for. Psychedelic cumbia couldn't be more appropriate (says the guy who can't tell you what cubmia is, exactly). Point being, go buy their new album, listen to everything else they've ever made (something I intend to do, after which I will probably buy much more music), and play this song, Mar (Lo Que Siento), on repeat, like I've been doing.


No comments:

Post a Comment