Sunday, June 7, 2015

Jun 7 - Tracy Chapman

I had a wonderful day, and I am too tired to talk about it. Actually two wonderful days in a row, and one I was too drunk to write about, and the other I'm too tired. So tomorrow I'll have to find time to write about both of them, because tomorrow will likely be uneventful.

I also had no idea what song to share today, because I'm in a sleepy mood and want something to reflect that. Then I remembered I just bought Tracy Chapman's eponymous album (for more insight as to why, aside from it being a classic, please read my recent Joni Mitchell blog post), and I love the song Fast Car off of it. Actually, Tracy Chapman has a way of pulling me into her lyrics, more than pretty much any other artist I know of. I can't personally relate to these lyrics, but I like the way they make me think about a huge part of my country which I am not really exposed to at all and tend to forget about.


No comments:

Post a Comment