Thursday, June 25, 2015

Jun 25 - Son Lux

I made it home safe and sound to America. And I saw a lot of patriotism on the way here, all wrapped up in a single pick-up truck which had an American flag flying at the bag, decals of the constitution wrapped all around it, and more decals with wonderful saying such as "Freedom Is Not Free" and "AMERICA: Love It Or Leave It." I made my dad slow down to take pictures. And then it was Mexican food and family time. Great first evening.

Also great is new music that has been released this week, specifically Coming Home, the debut album from Leon Bridges, and Bones, the new album by Son Lux. I've been very excited about both. And I've shared songs off of both albums on here this year aleady. And today we're back at Son Lux, cause I'm in the mood for him. Bones is a pretty great album. Definitely not for everyone, he's gotta grow on you, but if you have the chance to see him live you really should. It will amaze you. Because he's awesome live. And you know what else is awesome? You Don't Know Me, today's song, features the incomparable Shara Worden (better known as My Brightest Diamond, or basically my favorite artist) on vocals. How can I not love it?


No comments:

Post a Comment