Thursday, June 18, 2015

Jun 18 - Florence and the Machine

I'm back in Shanghai! And it's been a good then not so good then once again good day. It started out good, because why shouldn't it? But then I got on my plane and started getting really annoyed by everything (despite the fact that the plane was totally on time, a rarity in China, and an even bigger rarity this week with flights in and out of Shanghai). Then I realized it was because I was hangry. So I had a snack. And I listened to Florence and the Machine, which always makes me happy, because, well, she's amazing. I think that the way most people think of Beyonce is probably how I think of Florence Welch. She's perfect. Anyway, so that all helped. And then I met up with my friend Bryna for dinner and drinks, during which we both just de-stressed from our weeks/days. Also, I had a haircut which came with a nice little head massage and facial treatment that also made me feel much better. And all of this in time to be home early and watch the last episode of Game of Thrones! Perfect.

On the topic of Florence and the Machine, I did say I would revisit the new album, How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful. I definitely will say that it did grow on me, as expected. I still think it's her weakest album to date, but I do still like it very, very much. And I am still correct in my earlier assessment that Third Eye is the best song, and that the strongest portion of the album is the bonus track section, although there are other standout tracks in the album as well, like Queen of Peace and How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful. But as a section, the bonus tracks definitely take it. Maybe (but not necessarily) chief amongst those is Which Witch. At least for today it is. So that's today's song.


No comments:

Post a Comment