Monday, April 13, 2015

Apr 13 - Grimes

So remember that time I was supposed to write about F1 today because I was too tired yesterday? Well instead I went out drinking. So I'm not going to do that today. But I will share a new song by Grimes. I'm actually not obsessed with Grimes like the rest of the world. Based on her first couple of singles, I was very excited for her to put out her album back in 2012. But then she did, and it was just ok. Not nearly as good as the few standout tracks that she had previously released. But now she has a new single. Not a single exactly, it's apparently a scrapped demo from her upcoming album, but it sounds pretty produced and finalized to me, and there's even a music video for it. And it's really good. So let's hope this isn't the same scenario as the last album, and that rather than following the regular cycle of great first album, sophomore slump, amazing third album, instead she puts out a meh first album and second album. Because, just like last time, based on this song (which is called REALiTi, by the way), I'm excited for more. I hope she doesn't disappoint.


No comments:

Post a Comment