Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Apr 8 - Jamie xx

I have been cooking up a storm these last couple of days. And if you know me, you know that's quite a feat. I don't cook. I hate cooking. I can cook, I know how to follow directions, I just don't particularly enjoy it. But Passover is the one time of year I'll actually cook because it makes my life much easier. So I've made matzoh ball soup, burgers and short ribs in the last 2 days, and I've got some peri peri chicken breasts marinading overnight to prepare for dinner tomorrow and lunch Friday. Go me.

Other things I find myself liking which I'm not normally crazy about is The xx. Well, Jamie xx to be more specific. Jamie xx is one third of The xx, and he's just put out an EP of his own called In Colour. The EP is just alright, but the opening track, Loud Places, is fantastic. I've had it on repeat. It features vocals by Romy Madley Croft, his bandmate from The xx, which is interesting if he's trying to do something solo, but she sounds good so no complaints from me. If the rest of The xx's music was this good, I'd be a much bigger fan.



No comments:

Post a Comment