Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Apr 7 - Bat For Lashes

First day back at work wasn't actually all that bad. Yesterday I was dreading it. As soon as I landed I did not want to be in China. It was cold and wet and gross and the lines at immigration were super long, and I just wanted to be back in the warmth of the Africa sun. So I really did not want to go to work today. But I did, and it was fine.

I wasn't crazy busy like I expected, but busy enough for the day. And I have a new employee who started today, so my life should get easier from now on. All in all it wasn't so bad. And now I just need to cook some burgers and ribs so I have my dinner and meals for the rest of the week, and start to catch up on the last two weeks worth of TV shows.

I also got to catch up on some music today. But I'm not sharing a new song that I heard today, even though I did hear quite a few good ones. In fact I'm listening to quite a good new one right now. But since my iPod broke I'm back on my old iPod (well, not that old, I stopped using it in September so it's still pretty up to date) and I was listening to Bat For Lashes. Specifically 2012's The Haunted Man. And what a fantastic album. Talk about an artist whose best album was her 3rd. This is the perfect example. Because this album is leaps and bounds better than any of her previous albums. I don't know why it didn't make it into my Top 10. Granted, I just looked back at my Top 10 and it was a really solid year, but this album is also super solid. Tough choices, I guess. Anyway, now you can listen to my favorite song off of it, Rest Your Head. But there are plenty of great tracks, so go listen to the whole album if you haven't.



No comments:

Post a Comment