Friday, April 3, 2015

Apr 4 - Sufjan Stevens

I forgot to write again yesterday. It was quite a busy day, but I thought it about after coming home from Seder and instead Instagrammed and fell asleep. Whoops. I think I can still get to 365 in the year, though, so I'm still on track.

Today will be quick again, and I'll probably write more once I'm at the airport on a layover or something. We went to the Lion Park yesterday, which is basically like a safari zoo that you can drive yourself around and get very close to all the animals. Mostly lions, obviously. If you've done a safari it's nothing special, but the real special thing is that you can play with baby lions. I've done it a couple times, but went and did it with Robyn cause it's awesome. And instead of playing with lions, lions played with me. The guide put me next to a lion to take our picture, and my lion thought I looked fun I guess cause he reached out and grabbed my leg. With his claws. And then my ankle. With his mouth. And then everyone laughed and the guide took lots of pictures and I freaked out more than a little bit inside but laughed on the outside and we all had a wonderful time and I had an excellent photographic souvenir. And a couple of little holes in my leg to take home as well. They weren't too deep or anything and didn't bleed, so I guess I was in no real danger, but it was definitely freaky.

And then I took a nap and we went to a seder. All good things.

And now I'm posting a Sufjan Stevens song off of his new album that came out last week. I have only listened to it once because my iPod seems to be broken. I'm trying to fix it, but we'll see how much luck I have. All I want is to get enough music on there to last me the flight home. And that music should include Sufjan's new album, Carrie & Lowell, which came out last week. He's finally back to his old folky stylings, which makes me happy. Like I said, I only listened once, but I think my favorites so far are Should Have Known Better and Fourth of July. I need to give it a proper listen, though, once my iPod works again, because I think I'm going to love the album.


No comments:

Post a Comment