Monday, April 27, 2015

Apr 27 - Maxwell

Another day has turned late and I'm tired. Actually, it's not that late. It's 9:30. But I just got back from dinner and I'm exhausted because I slept 2 hours last night. And on those two hours I had to entertain my friend's fiance's parents, who I'd never met. But it was lovely, and we went to Din Tai Fung, so no complaints. But yeah, for some reason Friday and Saturday night were no problem whatsoever, but Sunday night I could not sleep. Stupid jetlag. I don't usually get jetlagged either, but last night I seem to have. Hopefully tonight I'll be super exhausted and just pass out, but then that's how I felt last night and it didn't work. So wish me luck.

And today's song is Pretty Wings, by Maxwell. I love guys singing neo-soul in falsetto. It's pretty awesome. And Maxwell is great at it. And this is a great song. Actually, the whole album, BLACKsummers'night, is quite good. Also not on that album but incredible is his live version of This Woman's Work. Maybe I should share that.... Too late now, though. But I definitely don't share enough soul/r&b. Maybe I should do more of this.


No comments:

Post a Comment