Thursday, September 10, 2015

Sept 10 - ODESZA

After all the worry last night, I did not get drunk. I was thinking that being in Guiyang, the capital of Guizhou, which is like the birthplace of baijiu, I would have to drink lots of it. But I didn't, actually. It was a pretty easy night. And I got like 8.5 hours of sleep last night and 9 the night before. This trip has been pretty good for me. And then this morning I basically sat in bed watching Conan clips until going to the airport, napping on my plane, and now I'm relaxing in my Guangzhou hotel waiting to have dinner. Not too bad!

Back in April I posted a song by Odessa, and in that blog I mentioned the only reason I found it was because I was looking for music by ODESZA. Today I found a new song by ODESZA, this one featuring Little Dragon, and it's wonderful. But really, anytime Little Dragon is involved, how could it be anything but wonderful? Light seems to be ODESZA's newest single that came out last month, and it seems to be the newest single in a long history of making music all of which is available on Spotify. So now I'm confused as to why I seemingly had trouble finding ODESZA and stumbled upon Odessa instead. Or maybe I heard Odessa and thought "this song is good, and I like that band ODESZA so let's go listen to more" only to find out they were not one and the same and give up on listening to more? I don't know, but anyway I should have posted something by ODESZA soon after Odessa just for continuity's sake, but now I'm glad I didn't because instead you get to listen to Light.


No comments:

Post a Comment