Thursday, September 3, 2015

Sept 3 - Gina T

Made it to Tokyo! I'm exhausted, but I'll give you a quick rundown. We got in, checked in, then went to Shinjuku where we hunted for this izakaya we wanted to go to. It was a Kyoto-themed izakaya, and it was actually really great. We ate delicious food and had beer and sake. Then we went to a bar that Lizzy found (by the way, I'm here with Lizzy, one of my favorite two people in Shanghai, it's her first time, she loves it, I do too) called Zoetrope (also fun cause Lizzy's girlfriend's name is Zoe) which is said to have the largest whiskey collection in Japan and one of the largest Japanese whiskey collections in the world in a single bar. Or something along those lines. Anyway, we tried a lot of Japanese whiskey and it was great. Our favorite was probably the Akashi, I want to buy it all and take it back to Shanghai. I also really liked Yoichi. Lizzy liked a bunch of them whose names I have written down but don't remember now. We're hoping to go back, cause it was great. And if you come to Tokyo, you should go too.

Ok, now quick music. Today's song is terrible. It's the worst. It's an early 90s Filipino pop ballad. But also, it's amazing. And very appropriate. When you hear it, you'll understand why it's today's song. Actually the name will give it away. Here's Tokyo By Night, by the lovely Gina T.



No comments:

Post a Comment