Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Sept 8 - Ryan Hemsworth

After my one day back in Shanghai, I'm now in Guiyang. It's my first time here in Guizhou (the province, Guiyang being the capital city), which would be exciting if not for the fact that I'm here for less than 48 hours and will only be working with nothing fun to do. And to make it even harder, I just got back from Tokyo and would much rather be there, or at least Shanghai. But at least I get to eat, and I like Guizhou food, so that's exciting. Plus there isn't much Guizhou food out in the big cities, so it's really great. I've got my employees trained to let me know what to eat when I arrive somewhere new, so I got here and called one of my girls to ask some stuff about the event, after which she proceeded to tell me what I should eat for dinner. And I did. For those of you who are wondering, it was suanla yutang, or basically a hot and sour fish hot pot. The broth was fantastic, although because it was just me I had to get this specific type of fish that was small and had a lot of small bones, but unlike most fish the bones actually stuck together, so it wasn't too difficult. Anyway, I'm looking forward to eating more tomorrow.

Today's song comes from Ryan Hemsworth. I'm pretty sure he's a producer, and I'm not even sure he's the one singing on his work. But I listened to last years album (or is it an EP? Hard to tell, it's one of those in-between length ones) Alone for the First Time, and it definitely piqued my interest. I'm gonna give it another listen, and probably listen to more of his older stuff too, cause I'm still not 100% convinced on this guy. But, I am 100% convinced on this song, Snow in Newark, off of Alone for the First Time.


No comments:

Post a Comment