Thursday, September 24, 2015

Sept 24 - Hundred Waters

Today was my only day in the office this week, and the last one before vacation. Because I get to go on vacation on Saturday! And tomorrow I'm back at Toastmasters, so I'm not going into the office, which means I can pack and have a relaxing last day. Today's highlight, though, was having dinner with Zabrina. She's one of my two favorite people in this city and she's been gone for like 2 months, so it was fantastic to see her and have like a 3 hour dinner to catch up. There was a lot of catching up to be done. Nothing too exciting has happened with me, but she's had some pretty big things going on over the last couple months (and actually even longer than that).  Plus we went to this fantastic Turkish restaurant that's right down the street from me that I haven't been to in months and should definitely be taking more advantage of living next to.

I actually shared a song from Hundred Waters two days ago. But I also talked a lot about how I wanted to share another song but didn't. Well, I still feel that way. And so today I am. Because their album really is wonderful. There's not much more to say about them as I said it all the other day. But I did go and listen to their first album between now and then, and it's not as good as The Moon Rang Like A Bell, but the second half in particularly had some great songs. So today will still be a song off of The Moon Rang Like A Bell, but one of the more chilled out, ethereal songs that I talked about, Down From The Rafters. Though this one does sort of pick up a bit at the end. If you can count it as really "picking up." I guess it's all relative.


No comments:

Post a Comment