Monday, September 14, 2015

Sept 14 - Natalie Prass

I managed to not go to the office today and go to shul instead. And without taking vacation. I did this by staying at a hotel last night for a site visit, since we're considering it for our trade show next year. It's kind of way out east, super far, so I just said I'd work from home rather than leave at 5am to go catch the shuttle. Which my boss was totally cool with. So I came home early and went to shul, then came home and worked. Then I got to play with a puppy! My friend Natalie is fostering one until tomorrow, and I've been trying to go meet him, and I finally did, and now I adore him and want him to be mine forever but I can't cause that would be irresponsible. It would also be ok if he was hers forever, then I'd go visit all the time, but her roommate doesn't seem to be ok it, sadly. But at least I got to play with Dizzy (also read: fall in love with Dizzy) today. And then it was a sushi dinner with a friend who dances and a long chat about how her life could be used as a case study for my sister. So now I need to talk to my sister.

And in between all this, there was some music. One of these musical selections was Natalie Prass's eponymous debut album, which came out back in January, I think. She's a bit of a quirky singer-songwriter, but I don't think the album is for me. It's a decent album, but to me there's something a bit boring about it as an overall piece. But I can definitely see the appeal of it. And there are a couple of very good songs on there, the best of which is today's song, Bird of Prey. If you like, maybe you'll like the album, I hope you will, but for me, this song is enough.



No comments:

Post a Comment